The Chambers Federation is looking for the following opportunities to be filled in relation to its
Fair Congo initiatives :
Small Scale Mine Sites, Negotiants, Mining Cooperatives (opportunity in negotiations, continuing indefinitely) *Please review note section here for critical communication information.
Summary: Mining cooperatives, mine sites and negotiants are welcome to work directly with the Fair Congo initiative, selling their material directly for export. Material producers/sellers should expect to receive a higher value and a reinvestment of Fair Congo profits back into their communities.
- Cooperatives must abide by the Fair Congo Cooperative/Supplier Base Contract
- Cooperative must adhere to both local and international law and work with the Fair Congo to ensure compliance to OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas
- Fair Congo shall reinvest up to 35% of profits back into the community through a combination of CSR and For-Profit activities
Summary: Supplier provides basic hand tools, water pumps, etc. to cooperatives under the Fair Congo program. Fair Congo collects payments on the behalf of its cooperatives by discounting payments made to the cooperatives for materials received.
- Supplier must provide a basic provision of equipment to cooperatives without any upfront payments
- All cost of material and shipping to Fair Congo offices born exclusively by Supplier
- Fair Congo shall store and distribute equipment from its offices to the cooperative locations at its own expense
- Cost of supplies and any interest charged must be fully disclosed and agreed to by the Fair Congo
- Fair Congo shall deduct a 20% ‘processing’ charge from all payments collected (Supplier to work this fee into the cost of goods)
- Fair Congo shall guarantee all repayments of ‘loans’ through the collection of cooperative materials
- Supplier must be (eventually) willing to incorporate business in the DRC, with Fair Congo assistance, and operate within the required guidelines of local laws
- Supplier shall form partnership with the Fair Congo, providing a 20% share and permanent board position, if applicable
Micro-finance Company Partners
Summary: Company provides micro-loans to the Fair Congo cooperative partners for ‘capacity building’ equipment and supplies. Fair Congo collects payments on the behalf of its cooperatives by discounting payments made to the cooperatives for materials received.
- Company should be willing to assist mining, timber and agricultural cooperatives
- Underwriting, guarantee requirements must be negotiable, pilot recommended
- Fair Congo shall deduct a 10% ‘processing’ charge from all payments collected (Finance company to work this fee into the loan costs)
Refinery/Metal Processors (opportunity in negotiations)
Summary: Refineries willing to accept OECD compliant as well as material meeting LBMA Good Delivery standards are welcome to send proposals for partnership.
- Competitive terms, inventory finance and quick turn around time required
Jewelry Companies (opportunity in negotiations)
Summary: Jewelry companies looking to both meet their supply chain needs and support local artisanal gold communities now have the ability to partner directly with the Fair Congo.
- Must be willing to provide inventory financing through mutually approved refinery
- Fair Congo shall provide impact measurements and relevant photos for CSR marketing campaign if needed
- All exports will conform to the ‘OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas’
Importers of Agro and Timber products (opportunity in negotiations)
Summary: As Fair Congo expands beyond gold and other minerals, partners in the agricultural and timber industries will be needed. Fair Congo will provide the same traceability, transparency, positive environmental impact as well as fair trade value in these fields as it does with gold.
*For more information on these opportunities please contact us by email or the contact us form on this site*